Family Promise of Greater Wichita unites hearts and hands to provide compassionate hospitality and empower homeless families with children to achieve sustainable independence.
Our customized case management allows us to walk beside families in life, partnering with them to achieve their goals. This allows high-quality, high-impact care.
There are three phases to our Sustainable Independence Program (SIP):
Phase 1: Support Services
Families are assisted with urgent/crisis needs for homelessness prevention, as we have resources.
Phase 2: Hospitality/Lodging
Our Rotation Program, to work towards sustainability.
Other programs revolve around this.
Phase 3: Mentoring/Aftercare
For families who have participated in/graduated from our Rotation Program.
- Overnight lodging is provided by congregations, using existing facilities for temporary bedrooms.
- Evening Meals are homemade and contributed by volunteers. Breakfast and lunch supplies are also provided.
- A Day House serves as a central hub for case management, a consistent address, showers, laundry, job searches, skills training, and connections with community resources.
- Transportation is provided to and from congregations, the Day House, work, and school via program vehicles driven by volunteers.
- Case management focuses on walking with families towards sustainable employment and housing. We customize to each situation and need.
- We walk with families, preserving each person’s dignity and respect.
- Pet Fostering provides a home for furry friends while a guest family is in our Rotation program.
- A network of Community partners refer families in need to us and provide resources as we collaborate.
- Donors fund our program in a variety of ways: individuals, congregations, businesses, clubs, and more. Cash donations are tripled by in-kind contributions of time, facilities, and supplies.
- Supplies for the Day House and for guest family needs are provided by volunteers.