Here’s what we need to get this show on the road! How can YOU be involved in expanding to care for more families?
- 13 Host Congregations Having the written commitment from 13 additional congregations means we could double the capacity and serve twice as many families in our Rotation Program.
- Support and Mentor Congregations that offer their experience, volunteers, and/or funds to support the network.
- Day Center Either additional storage and work space in our current day center or a larger day center.
- Funds An additional $75,000 for program expansion. The current annual cash budget for Family Promise of Greater Wichita is $155,000. Because we are a 501c3 non-profit organization, all donations are tax deductible.
- Supplies to have on hand at the day house: Infant/toddler, hygiene, bathroom, cleaning, laundry, gift cards to Dillons, Walmart, gas stations. For a detailed list see our general wishlist.
- Volunteers who offer their skills and time to help families get back on their feet. Sign up to volunteer here.
- Van An additional 15-passenger van in good condition to transport families to and from the Hosting Congregations, to job interviews, training classes, etc.
- 14’ – 18’ Trailer The trailer transports all the cots and program belongings to the Hosting Congregation.
- Warehouse Space A central storage space for donations of furniture and household items to help graduate families furnish their new homes.
- Transitional Housing Units to rent below market rate from private property owners. This would mean that qualifying guests of the Family Promise programs could temporarily move into a unit while they practice budgeting with a safety net of guidance, coaching, support and accountability through Family Promise case management. Families are therefore more adequately equipped for successful permanent, sustainable housing.
Family Promise of Greater Wichita unites hearts and hands to provide compassionate hospitality and empower homeless families with children to achieve sustainable independence. We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.